Town Clerk News
The last day to register to vote in the Dover Town Election is April 13th, 2021.
Hours: 9 am - 8 pm
Location: Dover Town House - 5 Springdale Avenue, Dover
You may vote online at https://www.sec.state.ma.us/OVR/ or visit the Town Clerk's Office in person. Please contact the Town Clerk to schedule a registration time at 508-785-0032 x226.
The Town Clerk’s responsibilities also include:
- Certification of all actions voted at Town Meetings (The Town Clerk forwards these to the Attorney General’s Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth, and Department of Taxation for approval)
- Certification of candidates’ nomination papers
- Conduct of all elections (town, state, federal)
- Issuing of absentee ballots
- Posting notification of all meetings of all town governmental bodies, and keeping of the resulting meeting minutes thereof
- Recording the annual town census, jury list, and street list
- Supervision of voter registration
- Town meeting minutes
All Dover Meeting Agendas & Minutes are posted and available electronically in our Agenda Center. You may view or request copies of the original time-stamped agendas at Town Hall during business hours or you may request to have a copy sent to you via email.
**Important to note-our new agenda center will display website time-stamps when the agendas are posted going forward. Agendas moved before website launch will have bulk posting dates. Click the agenda to view PAST agenda posting timestamps.**
The Town Clerk handles the recording and preservation of vital records, including:
- Birth, Death, Marriage Certificates
- Board of Appeals filings
- CODES of the Town of Dover (formerly called By-Laws)
Licenses & Permits
The Town Clerk also issues licenses and permits including:
- Business Certificates
- Dog Licenses
- Fuel Storage Permits
- Marriage Licenses
- Permits for Raffles and Bazaars
Dover Town Code Description of Responsibilities
Section 4-9. Term of office; bond; powers and duties from the Town Code.
There shall be a Town Clerk elected for a three-year term. The Town Clerk shall annually take a census of the Town as of January 1. The Town Clerk’s duties and authority shall include, but shall not be limited to, those specified in Massachusetts General Laws (MGL) Chapter 41, Sections 1, 13, 15.
View the full Dover Town Code.