COVID-19 UPDATE : 11.20.2021
CASES IN MASSACHUSETTS
New daily COVID cases in Massachusetts have doubled over the past two weeks, and hospitalizations for COVID have risen approximately 30% over the same period.
Source: Mass DPH, NYT
SOURCE: MASS DPH
COVID-19 CASES IN DOVER
On November 18, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health reported that during the two-week period 10/31-11/13/2021, there were 10 new COVID cases in Dover. The 14-day average daily incidence rate for Dover during the same two week period was 13.9 cases/100,000 population, and the combined rate for Dover and Sherborn was 14.4. This rate indicates a substantial transmission risk per the CDC's County Level of Community Transmission guidance. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/aboutcovidcountycheck/index.html
There were two cases in the Dover-Sherborn elementary schools during the week of 11/13-11/19 and no cases in the middle school or high school. There haven't been any cases of known in-school transmission since the school year began.
An indoor mask mandate remains in place in all publicly-accessible buildings in Dover and in the Dover-Sherborn schools.
Combined Dover/Sherborn average daily case rate/100,000 population along with the rates in neighboring communities.
Massachusetts DPH/Matt Vitale, MD, Sherborn BOH
- Booster doses are now approved and advised for all people 18+ years of age who have already been fully vaccinated.
- Vaccination is now approved and advised for children ages 5-11.
- COVID vaccine is available in many physicians' offices and pharmacies.
- Gather with others only if you feel completely well. Stay home and get tested if you have even mild symptoms that suggest COVID
- Gather outdoors when feasible
- Open multiple windows and leave bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans running if you are gathering indoors. Turn up the heat for comfort.
- Consider rapid home testing on the same day but prior to gathering
- Consider using a HEPA air filter, appropriately-sized
- Keep the number of guests and number of households represented by guests to a minimum
- Be even more cautious if you have particularly vulnerable household members
FOR DOVER COVID-19 OR OTHER TOWN ALERTS AT https://www.doverma.org/list.aspx
Please contact the Board of Health with questions or comments at 508-785-0032, extension 232.