Can I remove a tree on my land?
  • The town does not have jurisdiction over trees on private property unless they are on the town’s right-of-way or are within a buffer zone of wetlands or a perennial stream.
  • If the tree is on the town’s right-of-way you must contact the Tree Warden and/or the Planning Board if your street is a designated scenic road.
  • Please contact the Conservation Commission if the tree is within a wetland or perennial stream buffer zone.

Show All Answers

1. Is the tree in front of my house a town tree?
2. Can I remove the tree or trees on town land?
3. Will the Tree Warden look at a tree to check its condition?
4. Can I remove a tree on my land?