Can I cut down trees on my property?

A plan to remove trees on a scenic road may require a Scenic Road Hearing before the Planning Board. The applicant must complete a Determination of Need for a Scenic Road Hearing form (PDF). The Planning Board office then determines whether the hearing is needed.

The Town does not have jurisdiction over trees on private property unless they are within the buffer zone of wetlands or a perennial stream. In such a case, you should contact the Conservation Commission to determine any approvals needed.

Show All Answers

1. What zoning district is my property located in?
2. What is the procedure for approving a subdivision?
3. How do I know if my property is on a scenic road?
4. What is the procedure to determine the need for a Scenic Road Hearing?
5. Can I cut down trees on my property?
6. What changes to my property require a Special Permit?
7. Can I put up a sign on my property?
8. What is the Perfect Square?
9. What are the filing forms and fees for activities subject to Planning Board jurisdiction?
10. How do I know where my property line is along my frontage?
11. How do I swap a piece of land with my neighbor?
12. Who is on the Planning Board and What is its Authority?