CALLING ALL DOVER RESIDENTS FOR APRIL SPRING CLEAN-UP.
April is Spring Clean-up Month and after a year of COVID and a long winter it is time to get outside and provide your tender loving care to our streets and parks. Our goal is to secure volunteers to pick-up 100% of our streets, parks and recreational areas by the end of April. Please sign-up for your favorite street/sections now…
- 7 pm
- 1st Tuesday of the month
- Town Garage
2 Dedham Street
Dover, MA 02030
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Dover Recycling Committee serves as the Town’s focal point for all trash and recycling activities with a mission to:
- Preserve and protect the environment, reduce Dover’s total solid waste, and conserve Dover’s tax dollars by promoting recycling, reuse and reduction (the 3Rs) of all household refuse.
- Research and recommend environmentally sound and cost-effective markets for all recyclable and reusable materials.
- Reduce the generation of Household Hazardous Waste and recommend cost-effective methods of collecting and environmentally sound methods for disposal.
- Keep citizens informed of recycling issues, best practices and legislation.
Learn more on the Transfer Station page.
Priorities & Initiatives
- Formulate, promote and help implement Transfer Station trash and recycling goals and policies in partnership with Transfer Station staff and management, using best practices for municipal and regional operations.
- Maintain current information on trends and resources to support our goals, including applying for grants to fund new initiatives.
- Organize and promote the sale of recycling bins, food scrap containers, composters and rain barrels.
- Recommend updates and improvements to the Transfer Station.
- Organize special recycling weekends and town cleanup initiatives, staff and organize the Swap Shop, and provide support to Transfer Station staff.
- Support 3R activities at Dover’s schools.
- Use all social media and traditional communication methods to educate the community on Transfer Station operations, policies and the 3Rs.
Dover Town Code Description of Responsibilities
There shall be a seven-member Recycling Committee appointed by the Board of Selectmen on a rotating basis of two or three members each year for three-year terms. The Recycling Committee shall be responsible for administering the recycling program established by the Board of Selectmen for the purpose of recycling any type of solid waste in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or of the Town.
View the full Dover Town Code.