BURNING SEASON OPEN - BURNING ALLOWED
Dover Open Burning 2024 Guidelines & Procedures
Permits are available online for open burning during the time period below and if the above status reflects OPEN. During the open burning dates, it is determined by public safety whether or not they must close the option due to weather or other factors. Check the status on this page daily.
January 15 - May 1, 2024 from 10am - 4pm only
Open Burning is only permitted between 10am-4pm. This time frame is necessary to comply with Massachusetts Department of Environment Protection air quality regulations.
Open Burning Permits applications are only available between 9am and 12pm.
You are required to have read the following information before registering for your Open Burn Permit form below.
You are also required to fill out a new permit form for EACH AND EVERY DAY you will be burning during the available burn period.
Once you have registered for your Open Burning Permit, it allows you to burn:
- Agriculture-related materials
- Agricultural land clearing
- Forestry debris
- Fungus-infected Elmwood
Under the following conditions:
- Activate DAILY your permit on the Dover PD website before burning to be sure air quality conditions are acceptable for burning (Activate your Permit here) - link
- Burning only between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm, January 15-May 1, 2024
- Burning required to be at least 75 feet away from all buildings
- Must have a hose or water source nearby to extinguish the fire
- Review State Burning Regulations before burning: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/open-burning-safety
Burning of the following is prohibited statewide:
- Brush, trees, cane, and driftwood from commercial and institutional land clearing operations
- Burning at landfills or refuse disposal facilities other than approved sites
- Stacking, or storing combustible material in a way that the Fire Department may presume that it will be burned, for example, Grass, Hay, Leaves, Stumps, Tires
*Remember-Daily activation required. Submit a new form for each and every day you plan to burn during the available burn dates.