- Boards & Commissions P Through Z
- Personnel Board
- Check the Town Calendar for meeting dates and times.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Mary Carrigan, Chair
- Juris Alksnitis
- Sue Geremia
- Mary Hornsby
The Personnel Bylaw established a Personnel Board composed of five members. The Board of Selectmen appoint three members of the personnel board, the Town Moderator appoints one member, and the Warrant Committee appoints one member. The Town Administrator serves as the ex officio member of the personnel board.
Personnel Rules Ombudsmen
|Affirmation Action Officer||Christopher Dwelley|
It is the general purpose of and intent of the Personnel Board to establish, maintain, and administer a system of personnel administration based on merit principles that promotes a uniform, fair, and efficient application of personnel policies. The intent is to provide a method of recruitment, selection and development of a workforce that is skilled and effective in accomplishing the service delivery missions of the Town.
To this end, it is the goal of the Personnel Board, with the support and assistance of the Town Administrator, to:
- Adopt, maintain and administer personnel rules and regulations
- Adopt and maintain a centralized personnel record-keeping system
- Oversee actions and policies concerning recruitment and appointment
- Develop and maintain a classification and compensation plan, and a performance appraisal system
- Adopt wage and salary administration regulations
- Enforce the provisions of the personnel systems, rules and regulations
- Make final recommendations to the Selectmen for all personnel issues concerning all employees not covered by a collective bargaining agreement
- Conduct other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the proper functioning of these personnel rules and regulations
Dover Town Code Description of Responsibilities
There shall be a five-member Personnel Board which shall be appointed and shall have duties and authority in accordance with Chapter 44 of the Dover Code
Please view the full Dover Town Code.